top of page
  • Writer's pictureClaire Edwards

What is a 102 Divorce?


When you want to file for divorce IMMEDIATELY, 102 is for you.

What does the process include?

You file a "102 Divorce" with the court and say you want to get divorced and you intend to live separate and apart without reconciliation for 180 days (365 if you have kids together). Then you get the other person served. Then you start your 180 day countdown. After 180 days passes, you can file for a "Rule to Show Cause to Confirm 102 Divorce" to get a hearing officer date. Next, you fill out an "Affidavit of Living Separate and Apart." Your attorney can then attend the court date without you, show the court your Affidavit, and submit the Divorce Judgment. Once the Judge signs the Divorce Judgment, you're divorced!

7 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page